Applying Canada Visa For Spain and Sweden Citizens

Applying for a CANADA VISA FOR SPAIN CITIZENS and CANADA VISA FOR SWEDEN CITIZENS can be a complex process. Luckily, there are some tips that can help you get through it smoothly. These include the Fee, What Documents Are Required, and the Application Process. Read on to learn more.



If you are a Swedish or Spanish citizen and you plan on visiting Canada, it is important that you apply for an eTA. This document allows you to enter and depart the country in just 90 days. You can also obtain this document for multiple trips during its validity. However, you must make sure that your passport is valid at least 3 months beyond your date of departure.

The Schengen area is a collection of 26 European countries that do not have external border controls. Schengen countries include Austria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, and Italy. A Schengen visa allows the holder to enter any of these countries and stay for up to 90 days within the same 180-day period. A Schengen visa is not required for those who are citizens of Spain and Sweden.

However, you should remember that ETIAS does not guarantee entry into an EU country. The border authorities can still refuse you entry if you don’t have a valid Schengen visa. Moreover, it is only valid for adults and does not cover children under 18 years of age. The fee for the eTA is EUR7, and you can pay this via credit card or debit card. Once you have made payment, your eTA authorization will begin processing.

How to Apply Canada Visitor Visa (with Sample Travel Itinerary) - Canada


The fee for applying a Canada visa for a Swedish or Spanish citizen is $75. You can apply online. The process is quick and easy. You can fill out the form in less than five minutes. You will need to provide your passport page information, personal details, contact information, employment details, and health and criminal background information. If you are traveling to Sweden, you will also need to provide your credit card information.

If you are traveling from the Schengen area, you will need to apply for a residence permit and a long-stay visa. Those citizens who already live in Canada can apply online, but non-Canadian citizens will need to go to the consulate or embassy in person to get the visa. The consulate or embassy will take fingerprints and biometric scans to verify your identity.

If you are a citizen of Spain or Sweden, you can also apply for a Canada visa in person. You will need your original passport to submit your application.

Documents required

For short-term stays, Spanish and Swedish citizens do not need a visa to enter Canada. However, to enter Canada on a permanent basis, they will need a Canada Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). The ETA has a validity of five years and allows for one or multiple entries and up to 180 days per entry.

The online application form is easy to complete and usually takes only 5 minutes. It requires information about the passport page, personal details, employment and contact details, as well as information about the applicant’s health and criminal record. The process for a Sweden visa is also simpler than the one for a Canada visa. In most cases, you will only need to provide your email id and a credit card.

If you are denied a visa at any stage, you may appeal to the Consular Office for a review of your application. Alternatively, you may request for a personal interview with a consular officer. If you are not able to attend the appointment in person, you may use a traceable courier such as FedEx to send your application.

Canada visa guide

Application process

For citizens of Spain and Sweden, the Canada visa application process is straightforward. The first step is to fill out the online form. After you’ve submitted your personal information and paid the fees, your visa application will be processed and delivered via email. Depending on your visa type, additional documentation may be required before your application is approved.

If your application is turned down, you may appeal for reconsideration. You may also apply for judicial review. Depending on the type of visa you apply for, you may also be asked to attend a personal interview. If you’re not able to get in touch with the Consular Office, you can also submit a complaint online. Alternatively, you can write a letter to the Consular Office expressing your displeasure with the visa application process.

The consulate will notify you of the decision. It will outline the terms and procedure of appeal. If you’ve been rejected before, you can apply again. Just be sure to write down the reasons for the earlier rejection and make any necessary amendments. Applicants must remember to pay the visa fee, which is non-refundable. It helps cover the expenses involved in visa processing.

Related Articles